January 13, 2014

My Style: Every Rose Has Its Thorn


Today's Look:  is all about the glamorous, tattered rose knit sweater.  Thanks to the California-native brand Wildfox, distressed sweaters are all the rage.  The trend was originally noticed on celebrities.  Mega stars, such as Miley Cyrus, Ashley Simpson, and Emma Watson, have been spotted sporting the grunge chic sweater style.  To start this look off, I first chose the sweater.  The sweater is a thin cream knit, so I wore a tan colored tank underneath.  Next, I chose the blush colored skinny jeans that match the light color of the roses beautifully.  Keeping the feminine vibe going, I wore a pink ribbon, gold chain necklace.  Finishing off the look, I wore taupe, suede ankle boots, a fringe purse to match, pink lip-shaped earrings, a pair of pink framed sunglasses, and two rings.



Outfit Details:  Sweater from romwe.com, Jeans by Bullhead Denim Co. at pacsun.com, Purse by Steve Madden at nastygal.com, Boots by Betsey Johnson at 6pm.com, Sunglasses and Bow Ring from Forever 21 (Tucson, Arizona), Earrings from Earthbound Trading Co. (Flagstaff, Arizona), Gold Ring from Premiere Designs.





Fashion Tip:  Having a color coordinating outfit is great, but having a color coordinating whole look has an even bigger impact.  I mentioned in my last outfit post that I am trying to be more outgoing and creative with my makeup this new year.  For the look, I was inspired by this photo I found through Pinterest.  I thought it was perfect since it had shades of pink on the top of the lid and green on the bottom.  I loved the color combination and creativity!

My brother was in town once again, briefly before heading off to California.  We made sure to get some photoshoots in before he left.  For this particular photoshoot, we chose the location of an old, abandoned train car.  While on set, my brother mentioned how he thought it would look cool if the graffiti on the side of the train car was vibrant and new.  Since he is a videographer and photographer, his company is called "Billy the Camera Guy."  Using Photoshop, I came up with the graffiti logo above.  :)  


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bianca! :) I attached the link to the sweater on the website name romwe above

      Delete